1. colored bridal gowns, mrs. timberlake made everyone turn heads when she opted for a non-white wedding dress
2. vintage (from jewelry to dresses), it’s all the rage
3. the color ‘mint’, it’s got such a calming cool feel to it… one of my favorite trends
4. lace and long sheer sleeves (thanks to Kate Middleton). lace and weddings always go together, it’s safe to say that this trend will never end.
5. wedding dresses with pockets, because why not? who doesn’t need an extra pocket!
6. soft loose wavy hairstyles that impart a more romantic feel
7. feathers makes a comeback, with a twist
8. garlands in hair and decor (you’ve seen it on HBO’s Girls)
9. virtual guests because you can. in the age of instagram, facebook, twitter, iPhone and iPads, this is easy to incorporate into your wedding day for those who truly can’t make it.
10. old world 1920’s glamour (inspired by Downton Abbey, Great Gatsby, art deco)
11. going green (reduce, reuse, recycle…it’s part of everyday life, why not a part of your weddings)
12. DIY ( check pinterest – need i say more?)
13. food trucks (it’s been a trend that hasn’t gone away)
14. artisanal items – jams, ice cream, beer… fabulous as party favors and a great way to support your local artisan
15. farm to table (healthy, fresh food straight from the source – LOVE IT!)
16. use of gold in invitations & silverware (bringing on the bling)
17. neutral color palettes (think modern minimalist grey and taupes that follow the interior design trends)
18. unique backdrops for visual interest or your photo booth (be creative)
19. the use of rainbow palettes (bring out your inner child)
20. lounge area for your guests to mingle
chocolate and tiffany blue color scheme, sweetheart & strapless neckline, ball gown skirts, damask, cupcakes, cake pops.
Are you going with any of these trends?