I went over to a friends place last night and decided to bring these jalapeño cheese corn muffins to go with the ribs that they had prepared. They came out moist and flavorful so I decided to share them with you all.
Makes 1 dozen corn muffins
10 oz package of cornbread mix
1/2 diced sweet onion
1 cup Mexican cheese
1 large egg beaten
1 1/4 cup whole, low fat milk or butter milk
1/4 cup oil (vegetable or canola)
1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 can creamed corn (or 7.5 oz)
3 oz canned/jarred diced jalapeño (may be omitted or feel free to use less)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook diced onion in a 1/2 teaspoon of oil till soften. Let cool.
3. Mix together all the ingredients.
4. Spray muffin tin with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
5. Fill muffin tins equally and bake for 20-25 min.
6. Insert a toothpick to see that it come out clean, the tops should be golden brown. The inside will have the consistency of bread pudding.